Nothing is more vexing than exploring that the delivery van leaked oil on your driveway or that the dried leaves you didn’t scoop up last fall left obstinate brown stains that won’t wash away. However, your home’s curb appeal does not have to suffer as a result. With the proper tools and a little elbow grease, you’ll have your driveway looking like new in no time.
Here are some of the best driveway cleaning in north shore techniques for removing any stain or discolouration on your driveway.
Ensure to have these tools before you start cleaning:
Before wiping down any or all of your driveway, make sure it is clear of everything – toys, cards, gardening or sports equipment. Moreover, you will require the following items:
- A brush for washing (with or without a handle, but a brush with a long handle will save your back)
- A bucket and biodegradable soap
Getting Rid of a Spot on Your Driveway
General stains will be the simplest to remove from your driveway.
- Begin by stuffing your bucket halfway with warm water.
- Then, to make the cleaning fluid, add the soap to the bucket.
- Begin strenuously scrubbing the damaged area with the brush.
- After you’ve scrubbed the stain out, use a hose to rinse the area with clean water.
On the other hand, it will be a bit tricky to remove oil stains as those are quite stubborn. However, we have a fix for that as well.
You will need the following items:
- A towel or absorbent cloth
- Cat litter or sawdust
- Hose with a pressure nozzle attached
- The moment you see the spill, sprinkle cat litter or sawdust around the area to contain it.
- Next, use the towel or cloth to rivet as much of the soil as possible.
- After cleaning up as much of the spill as possible, apply the degreaser and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. After that, wash it with a hose.
Cleaning your Driveway with a Pressure Washer
Before we get into how to clean your driveway with a power washer, you should be aware of how to use such a powerful piece of equipment safely. Power washers, spray water at high pressure to produce a stream capable of cleaning large surfaces. This flow of high-pressure water has the potential to cause serious injury. Always keep an eye on where you’re spritzing to avoid injuring those around you or yourself. Now, let’s get to your driveway cleaning!
You’ll need the following items:
- Biodegradable detergent
- Pressure washer
- Power washer detergent attachment
- 15-degree tip
- 25-degree tip
How to Pressure Wash Your Driveway
- After preparing your power washer according to the manufacturer’s instructions, drizzle the detergent into the suitable compartment.
- Insert the detergent nozzle. Begin spraying the detergent all over your driveway from the lowest elevation point, keeping any nature that surrounds you in mind. Allow at least 10 minutes for the detergent to sit.
- Insert the 25-degree tip. Begin spraying from the maximum height on your carport. Spray across the spacing of your driveway, working your way down the length toward the area with the lowest elevation.
- Re-do the third step with the broadest angled tip you have to remove any remaining dust and debris.